Basics of Forklift Attachment
When is a forklift more than a forklift? When it has attachments. Attachments allow your forklift to become more efficient and versatile with handling unique material handling products.
Can you rent Forklift Attachments? The answer is of course yes!
With Gear India you can choose from multiple options for attachments that suit best for your forklift. The benefits of forklift attachments are numerous, but their success depends on your industry and the type of work you do. Here are some of the most common forklift attachments:
1. Double pallet: Double pallets are used for transporting two pallets at a time. This means that internal transport costs can be reduced by 50% saving both time and money for the end-user.
2. Bale clamp: These clamps are useful in agricultural and manufacturing environments for materials like hay, cotton and wool.
3. Clamp: Clamps allow you to handle a variety of pallet-less loads. They are commonly used in industries such as agriculture, construction, paper handling, food and beverage. This attachment is suitable for different types of machines.
4. Fork rotator: Fork rotators allow the forks to be turned so loads can be dumped into other containers. This kind of application is common in industries like waste and recycling, food beverage processing and agriculture.
5. Paper roll clamp: Paper roll clamps are specialized attachments that let paper manufacturers and printers handle rolls without damaging the material.
6. Fork Positioner: With a fork positioner, you can adjust the distance between two forks, making it easy to work with various pallet sizes. This attachment is common in distribution, warehousing and food manufacturing industries.
7. Tire handler: This attachment is effective for changing, moving and stacking tires. No matter what size, weight or type of tire, Gear India has an attachment designed to maximize your productivity.
Choosing the correct forklift:
When selecting a forklift attachment, you’ll need to keep a few things in mind:
- Weight of the load to be lifted: Knowing the maximum load weight the attachment will be required to lift is imperative to avoid accidents. Trying to lift loads heavier than the forklift and attachment are made-up to lift can lead to dangerous unit instability greatly increasing the risk of serious injury, fatalities or damage to product and surrounding areas or equipment.
- Height of the load to be lifted: Similar to knowing the weight of loads that the attachment must lift it is important to know how high the load needs to be lifted to ensure an attachment that can raise to the desired height.
- Re-rating of forklift: It is imperative that all forklifts are re-rated with updated data plates upon the installation of any attachments.
However, keep in mind that using attachments is not as simple as connecting them and getting to work. A thorough training on forklift attachment is necessary. For assistance in finding the most suitable attachment for your forklift, contact Gear India.